Day 1 - 26 September 2023
Partner Success & Ventures Manager
Plug and Play Tech Center
09:45AM - Day 1
Accelerating the IoT & Edge Computing: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons Welcome and Opening Remarks.
Head of IoT, Platforms & Digital Solutions
10:00AM - Day 1
Presentation: Implementing IoT inside the Aircraft
IoT inside the Aircraft can enable a number of benefits for both airlines and passengers. To overcome the regulatory constraints and the complex industrial ecosystem, Airbus has adopted specific solutions to make IoT on-board feasible. We will also look at how a big industrial company like Airbus addresses innovation with the agility that IoT requires.
- Airbus’ future Cabin vision and how IoT contributes to it. Concrete use-cases.
- Challenges from regulatory requirements and industrial set-up.
- Airbus’s approach to these challenges, leveraging on a platform approach and the right technology choices.
- Our way of working is to let innovation progress in a big industrial organization, fostering EX and leveraging on demonstrators.
Keynote Presentation: IoT Data Handling
- Real-time decision making through IoT sensors.
- Contextualising the data correctly – ensuring you are reading and actioning the correct response.
VP Engineering, Store of the future; Co-founder
IKEA; WomenInTech Sweden
11:00AM - Day 1
Presentation: Disruptive innovation at the heart of the “store of the future” at Ikea
How innovation is shaping the store of the future at Ikea.
- Ikea’s journey
- Ikea was disrupted and needed to adapt to the new digital world
- What is the store of the future?
- What innovations are already in place
- How we test and make mistakes
Director of Intelligent Automation
11:40AM - Day 1
Head of Global Strategic Intelligence & Data
The Adecco Group
11:40AM - Day 1
Lead Platform Enterprise Architect - Industrial Edge, IoT & Automation
A.P. Moller - Maersk
11:40AM - Day 1
Panel: Intelligent Automation – Shaping the Next Generation of Industry
- Current intelligent automation capabilities.
- Advancing smart architectures – Supporting device, machine, and sensor connectivity.
- What are the current standards and protocols to help create an interoperable enterprise environment?
- How best to deliver cross-business, streamlined business decision-making?
Principal Application Engineer
12:20PM - Day 1
Presentation: Pragmatic Digital Transformation, System Development and Operation in the IoT Landscape
Digital transformation enables organizations to leverage the IoT landscape to better understand their customers, their products, and their operations. This is to find opportunities for optimization and to effectively support value generation.
The system lifecycle should be viewed not from a linear or V-process point but from a DevOps perspective that goes beyond software and takes not only the overall physical asset but also its broad manufacturer and operator context into consideration. This allows additional insights on how to leverage data and reuse models not only during development processes but also while an asset is in productive use.
MathWorks helps organizations to develop their own vision of how to make use of these opportunities and build their own pragmatic solutions. To answer the question: what capabilities, processes and skills would give you the capacity for creating perpetually upgradeable systems, which provide value to your customers and your organization?
- Shifting from visionary ambitions to practical projects.
- Enabling your engineers and scientists to achieve your digital transformation objectives.
- Learning new technologies, collaborating with unfamiliar groups, and proposing new products and services.
- Systematically use data and models across groups and throughout the lifecycle of the offering.
Head of Product Lifecycle Management - Global Manufacturing Process Lead
12:40PM - Day 1
Presentation: AGCO’s PLM Journey
- Introduction to AGCO Corporation
- AGCO’s product strategy
- EBOM, MBOM, BOP and EWI’s supporting AGCO’s Product strategy
- Factors influencing AGCO’s PLM Journey (Change Management)
Lunch & Networking Break
Presentation: The powerful combination of Edge and API: an industry game-changer
Previously, Telco’s channelled their efforts into their core business: Network connectivity!
However, as the volume of data being processed across various locations within and beyond networks continues to rise, Telcos are now transitioning towards becoming a Telco as a Platform. The core of this transformation is two key elements: Edge Computing and the Exposure of Network Capabilities through APIs.
A combination of Edge and API yields the actual value of a Telco: end-to-end managed low latency, data sovereignty and scalability.
The content of this presentation will be focused on how this works and how it helps to solve customers’ problems.
CEO and Co-Founder
02:20PM - Day 1
Presentation: The Economics of Edge – How to Ensure a Cost-Effective Transformation
- Edge-enabled enterprise transformation has the potential to accelerate delivery value, and reduce operational costs to ensure efficiency.
- How to evaluate edge performance to ensure it is a worthwhile investment for your organisation.
- The ongoing chicken and egg debate: Can we afford to wait for monetizable applications before making the investment needed to scale up edge infrastructure?
- Do the benefits of Edge outweigh the high financial cost of accelerating its deployment?
- To what extent do private cellular networks offer the solution to scale up the edge in strategic and commercial locations?
- Will the footprint of Edge infrastructure naturally grow in line with the deployment of 5G networks?
Panel: The Evolution of Edge – Where Do We Go Next?
- Future roadmap toward widespread adoption of intelligent Edge.
- The possibilities created by fast and local critical decision making.
- Predictions for the next round of innovations within the space – where will Edge be by 2025?
Chief Product Officer
04:00PM - Day 1
Presentation: The Connected Edge – Why Hyperscalers Can’t Make the Cut
Digital transformation enables more and more companies to experiment with the boundaries of the Cloud, the Edge, and everything in between.
This session will focus on the positioning of the edge in today’s evolving network architecture, and the attempt to transform the already well-known “cloud experience” to the edge, including:
- Why today’s Edge isn’t the same as legacy On-Prem
- How cloud providers are attempting to bring the cloud experience to the edge
- How the Edge is Different from the Cloud
- The keys to success at the Edge
- The problem with Hyperscalers
- Customer case study
- The cost-effective connected edge
IoT Solution Architect
04:10PM - Day 1
Presentation: Standardization of Alarm Management using the edge platform
Vopak has a standard for alarm management. In the past, the execution of this standard and the associated reporting was done by manual exercise using worksheets in Excel. With the introduction of the edge platform in the organisation – mainly introduced to standardize data integration between OT and IT – it became possible to automate the extraction of alarm and event data from the underlying control systems and standardize the output in dashboards.
- The edge platform is used as a standard data integration component between OT and IT systems
- Abstraction of underlying OT systems and vendors by standardizing interfaces and data exchange
- The alarm management process was automated using the edge platform and the alarm management dashboarding
- Data as a driver for process improvement