Day 1 - 16 June 2021
Presentation: Perspectives On Edge Opportunities Right Now
Edge computing has many definitions, and can mean different things to different people. At its core, however, is the ability for faster computations and data retrieval meaning greater and quicker insights are derived. But what does this mean in practical terms?
- What does edge actually mean in layman’s terms right now?
- What questions still need to be answered about the efficacy of this technology?
- Use cases and demos of how edge is impacting our clients
- Future roadmap toward widespread adoption of intelligent edge
Panel discussion: Moving Towards the Intelligent Edge – The Benefits of a Convergent Approach
- Why edge computing should be a key part of a multi-layered and convergent technology strategy
- Understanding how edge computing can enable optimisation of artificial intelligence and machine learning, 5G, IoT, and more.
- How edge relates to cloud computing
- How edge makes the technologies around it stronger
Keynote: Utilising Edge Computing for Real Time Dissemination of Data
- The role of edge computing in the data and analytics journey
- How AI/ML, cloud and edge can help organisations to evolve their tech strategy
Panel discussion: Defining Edge For All Stakeholders: Where Is The Value, And What Groundwork Needs To Be Put in?
Edge computing represents a great opportunity for many participants in the tech ecosystem, but they cannot do everything alone. Cloud companies are teaming up with telecom providers to combine infrastructure strength with network capability – and the race is on to get developers building applications which make the most of 5G and AI, enabled by edge technologies.
- Defining edge as a value proposition for cloud and telecoms
- Exploring the partnerships already taking place
- Using AI to improve performance of edge devices
- What applications will result from this, and who will ultimately win the race?
Keynote: Applications of Edge Cloud Computing in Banking and Financial Services
- Disruptive trends in technology and digital transformation
- Evolving role of financial institutions in the hyper-connected world
- Applications of edge cloud computing in financial services