Day 2 - 27 September 2023
Enterprise Edge Computing: Chairperson’s Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Process Development Manager
10:15AM - Day 2
10:15AM - Day 1
Presentation: How Can Edge Processing Help Build Competitive Advantage in Manufacturing
- How will edge processing change manufacturing as we know it today
- Journey towards implementation of edge processing in manufacturing
- Setting up precision monitoring and control with Edge
Vice President, Sales Engineering
10:45AM - Day 2
Keynote Presentation: Kubernetes at the Edge at Scale: from Impossible to Inevitable
Edge Computing is transforming every industry. It is enabling new business models, creating ecosystems and bringing closer modern digital experiences apps to end-users. At the heart of this wave of change is a next generation of apps powered by Kubernetes, the new de facto multi-environment infrastructure block. In this session, Jeremy Oakey, Spectro Cloud VP of Sales Engineering, will be covering the state of play in this new technology landscape and what modern Kubernetes at the edge should look like to provide real business value, using real examples of organizations scaling to 1000s of locations.
In this session Jeremy will discuss…
- How Edge is the next phase of multicloud and is transforming every industry.
- How containers and Kubernetes will be at the heart of this wave of change.
- The challenges in deploying cloud native apps at the edge.
- How a low-touch, plug-n-play edge K8s approach is possible to enable scale to thousands of locations.
Global IoT Platform Head
11:15AM - Day 2
Head of Automation and Industrial IT
ALD Vacuum Technologies GmbH
11:15AM - Day 2
Edge Platform Director
11:15AM - Day 2
Panel: Accelerating Transformation with Edge Computing
- Perspectives on the Edge landscape right now.
- What are the key challenges being faced across industries that need to be addressed?
- What questions still need to be answered about the efficacy of this technology?
- Use cases and demos of how Edge is impacting industries.
Director, Head of Data Transformation, IGT Systems
12:10PM - Day 2
Presentation: It is Human to be Digital
- What is a Knowledge-first Customer-centric Digital Transformation, and why should we even care?
- How can an optimized Edge strategy enable such Transformation?
- How can this Edge enabled transformation help us develop our “Economy of Things”?
CEO & Co-Founder
12:40PM - Day 2
Presentation: We have found the Edge Computing Killer App
- Edge customers need 1-click business apps to purchase and deploy. Meanwhile, app vendors need scalable, recurring revenue.
- In this talk I explore the need for a marketplace of business apps to unlock the potential of edge computing.
Dr. Tor Bøe-Lillegraven
Chief Data Officer
Royal Schiphol Group
01:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: Aviation on the Edge – Use-case
- Rethinking aviation infrastructure
- Enhanced delivery of continuous monitoring and keeping up with increased data
- Benefits of low latency data
- Edge and IOT as the enablers
01:30PM - Day 2
Presentation: How Edge Computing and IoT Will Save the World
Climate change and sustainability are so urgent, and so complex, that they are impossible to solve with traditional methods and systems. Instead, Edge Computing and IoT are the new frontiers for literally saving the world – please join us to learn how.
Frank De Jong
Program Director Edge to Cloud
Orange Business Services
02:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: Creating the Ultimate Fan Experience: Augmenting Sports Reality