Day 1 - 30 November 2023
09:45AM - Day 1
Accelerating the IoT & Edge Computing: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons Welcome and Opening Remarks.
Head of Digital Strategy
10:00AM - Day 1
Presentation: Digital Acceleration through the IoT
In the rapidly changing world of technology and business, staying ahead of the curve is not just an advantage but a necessity. This presentation promises to be an invaluable opportunity for those seeking to understand and leverage pioneering technology and concepts that are shaping our future. We will dive deep into these groundbreaking advancements, exploring not only their potential but also practical ways to integrate them into your strategies and organizations.
We are the stewards of a future that is not only technologically advanced but also socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. New technologies offer unprecedented opportunities to reshape our world. However, these tools must be wielded with care, foresight, and a deep understanding of their broader implications.
We delve into the pioneering technologies and ground-breaking concepts that are ushering us into a new era of business and organisational structure. We will think outside of the box, explore new possibilities, and connect with our inherent power and capability to architect and shape the future that we choose.
This is an opportunity to expand our vision of the possible and to venture beyond the familiar landscape of challenges and blocks, into a vibrant arena of opportunities where constraints transform into catalysts for innovation.
CEO and Founder
10:35AM - Day 1
Presentation: Building IoT applications that empower and engage customers
End-users are demanding easier-to-use and intelligent applications. IoT solution providers need to feel confident that they can deploy innovative solutions in no time while adding their brand to them.
This presentation will navigate through templates of IoT solutions that deliver results.
- Advantage of using templates to kick-start IoT solutions
- Creating competitive advantage by designing for speed and integration
- How to engage customers with great UX design and data visualisation
- How to manage and maintain large deployment
- Importance of adapting solutions to different industry sectors
11:00AM - Day 1
Presentation: Disruptive innovation at the heart of the “store of the future” at Ikea
How innovation is shaping the store of the future at Ikea.
- Ikea’s journey
- Ikea was disrupted and needed to adapt to the new digital world
- What is the store of the future?
- What innovations are already in place
- How we test and make mistakes
Technology Platform Director - Digital
Lloyds Banking Group
11:40AM - Day 1
11:40AM - Day 1
Transformation, Change and Inclusion Manager
11:40AM - Day 1
Panel: Transformation and Talent – Building a Tech Workforce for the Future of IoT
- IoT jobs of the future – what are the IoT jobs of the future and how can tech leaders prepare their teams’ skills?
- Tech skills gap – strategies for addressing the talent gap across the tech workforce.
- Developing for the consumer – staying competitive and addressing market needs with diverse teams.
- Culture and collaborations – the impact of culture on talent attraction, retention and performance.
- Sustainability – engaging talent in ESG initiatives to create a more sustainable future for the industry.
Head of Product
12:25PM - Day 1
Presentation: The new era of intelligence: Bridging the gap between IoT and AI
Today, it isn’t enough to have connected devices, they need to be smart and be able to solve problems in real-time on the edge through the power of AI. Adding intelligence to a device presents challenges, such as the need to collect, label and model potentially large amounts of diverse data; devices may have size or speed constraints; and development that requires a new kind of cross-team collaboration to be successful. This presentation will cover the key obstacles product leaders are facing today in building smart IoT products, and address how these challenges can be mitigated.
Lunch & Networking Break
Data Strategy Alliance
02:45PM - Day 1
02:00PM - Day 1
Presentation: Improving Culture to Prevent Digital Transformation Failure
Up to 88% of enterprise-scale businesses fail to achieve a return on investment from digital transformation projects and one of the biggest challenges is nothing to do with technology at all. It’s cultural. It’s about how organisations get themselves into a position, culturally and operationally, where they’re able to realise value from applying new technologies to industrial problems. Businesses are not going to be able to generate value from the work that they’re doing if the cultures in those organisations don’t adapt.
Following research with over 300 large organisations, Alex Vail will explain the building blocks you need – and the changemakers you need to identify within your own business – to create a culture where data innovation can flourish. The presentation will include:
- New research into the most reliable indicators of digital transformation success
- Which issues dominate the digital transformation risk registers of enterprise CTOs
- The difficulty CEOs, senior executives and Board members face when interpreting data
- The three employee profiles of the people who can eliminate transformation failure