Day 1 - 29 September 2021
Editor in chief
09:55AM - Day 1
09:20AM - Day 1
Day 1 Welcome Address
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Keynote: Taking Edge Computing to the Next Level
- What is the edge anyway?
- Why edge computing is a necessary complement to IoT and AI
- Innovative use cases for edge computing
Americas Edge Computing Brand Development Manager
11:15AM - Day 2
Keynote: Edge Computing – What Customers are Doing Today and Will Be Doing Tomorrow
Panel discussion: Defining Edge For All Stakeholders: Where Is The Value, And What Groundwork Needs To Be Put in?
Edge computing represents a great opportunity for many participants in the tech ecosystem, but they cannot do everything alone. Cloud companies are teaming up with telecom providers to combine infrastructure strength with network capability – and the race is on to get developers building applications which make the most of 5G and AI, enabled by edge technologies.
- Defining edge as a value proposition for cloud and telecoms
- Exploring the partnerships already taking place
- Using AI to improve performance of edge devices
- What applications will result from this, and who will ultimately win the race?
02:30PM - Day 1
02:30PM - Day 1
Presentation: A Guide to Achieving Cloud-Like Operations for Your Distributed Edge Deployments
We see IT and platform teams struggle with putting together and operating solutions for managing container applications at their on-prem edge. In-house integrations commonly lead to fragmented solutions that are costly to manage and don’t provide the comfortable experience that application teams expect. In this presentation, we follow our protagonists from the IT- and application teams on their journey to build an on-prem edge infrastructure that provides a delightful and cloud-like experience.
Director for Enterprise Data Centre and Strategy
Johnson & Johnson
11:45AM - Day 1
Presentation: Design of Edge Data Centers
- Background & definitions
- Design goals/constraints
- Building shell
- Power & Cooling
Presentation: Use of AI in Edge and Swarm Computing Systems
- Why AI and machine learning are increasingly being implemented at the edge.
- Growing popularity of swarm computing at the edge.
- Best practices in implementation.
- Discussion of specific (real world) use cases for edge AI and swarm computing.
Director - Intelligent Connected Systems (ICS) Division
11:10AM - Day 1
Case Study: How Edge is Driving Innovation in the Automotive Industry
- Edge as the enabler for Advanced Driver Assistance.
- Adaptive & predictive vehicle maintenance.
- The importance of edge in the design of intuitive infotainment systems.
- How edge enhances driver safety by ensuring data security.
CTO & Head of IT for the City of San Leandro, CA
City of San Leandro
01:30PM - Day 1
Presentation: Enabling Edge in Smart Cities
Rakuten Symphony Americas
02:00PM - Day 1
Presentation: The Mobile Edge: The Telco Cloud Journey
End of Conference