Day 1 - 29 September 2021
Editor in chief
09:55AM - Day 1
View Day 2 Welcome Address
09:20AM - Day 1
View Day 1 Welcome Address
Day 1 Welcome Address
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Keynote: Taking Edge Computing to the Next Level
- What is the edge anyway?
- Why edge computing is a necessary complement to IoT and AI
- Innovative use cases for edge computing
Americas Edge Computing Brand Development Manager
11:15AM - Day 2
View Keynote: Edge Computing – What Customers are Doing Today and Will Be Doing Tomorrow
Keynote: Edge Computing – What Customers are Doing Today and Will Be Doing Tomorrow
Panel discussion: Defining Edge For All Stakeholders: Where Is The Value, And What Groundwork Needs To Be Put in?
Edge computing represents a great opportunity for many participants in the tech ecosystem, but they cannot do everything alone. Cloud companies are teaming up with telecom providers to combine infrastructure strength with network capability – and the race is on to get developers building applications which make the most of 5G and AI, enabled by edge technologies.
- Defining edge as a value proposition for cloud and telecoms
- Exploring the partnerships already taking place
- Using AI to improve performance of edge devices
- What applications will result from this, and who will ultimately win the race?
Edge Computing Expo North America Agenda
Director for Enterprise Data Centre and Strategy
Johnson & Johnson
11:45AM - Day 1
View Presentation: Design of Edge Data Centers
Presentation: Design of Edge Data Centers
- Background & definitions
- Design goals/constraints
- Building shell
- Power & Cooling
Presentation: Use of AI in Edge and Swarm Computing Systems
- Why AI and machine learning are increasingly being implemented at the edge.
- Growing popularity of swarm computing at the edge.
- Best practices in implementation.
- Discussion of specific (real world) use cases for edge AI and swarm computing.
Director - Intelligent Connected Systems (ICS) Division
11:10AM - Day 1
View Case Study: How Edge is Driving Innovation in the Automotive Industry
Case Study: How Edge is Driving Innovation in the Automotive Industry
- Edge as the enabler for Advanced Driver Assistance.
- Adaptive & predictive vehicle maintenance.
- The importance of edge in the design of intuitive infotainment systems.
- How edge enhances driver safety by ensuring data security.
CTO & Head of IT for the City of San Leandro, CA
City of San Leandro
01:30PM - Day 1
View Presentation: Enabling Edge in Smart Cities
Presentation: Enabling Edge in Smart Cities
Rakuten Symphony Americas
02:00PM - Day 1
View Presentation: The Mobile Edge: The Telco Cloud Journey
Presentation: The Mobile Edge: The Telco Cloud Journey
End of Conference