Day 2 - 18 May 2023
Optimizing the Edge
Maharaj Mukherjee, PhD
Senior Vice President and Senior Architect Lead
Bank of America
10:15AM - Day 2
Presentation: The Economics of Edge – How to Ensure a Cost – Effective Transformation
This Session Will Explore…
- Edge enabled enterprise transformation has the potential to accelerate delivery value, reduce operational cost to ensure efficiency.
- How to evaluate edge performance to ensure it is a worthwhile investment for your organisation.
- The ongoing chicken and egg debate: Can we afford to wait for monetizable applications before making the investment needed to scale up edge infrastructure?
- Do the benefits of edge outweigh the significant financial cost of accelerating its deployment?
- To what extent do cellular private networks offer the solution to scale up the edge in strategic and commercial locations?
- Will the footprint of edge infrastructure naturally grow in line with the deployment of 5G networks?
. Maharaj Mukherjee, PhD, Senior Vice President and Senior Architect Lead , Bank of America
Keynote Presentation: Making the Most of Your Enterprise Data Through Industrial Edge
- Exploring ways to utilise your enterprise and company data in new ways through edge technologies.
- What turns Edge into Industrial Edge, and what are the essential applications and use cases?
- In what ways can Industrial Edge work alongside cloud?
Panel: Accelerating Transformation with Edge Computing
This Session Will Explore…
- Perspectives on the Edge landscape right now.
- What are the key challenges being faced across industries that need to be addressed?
- What questions still need to be answered about the efficacy of this technology?
- Use cases and demos of how Edge is impacting industries.
Presentation: Edge Driving Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
- Delivery of content-rich experiences to customers.
- Increased Operational Efficiency.
- Bespoke customer experiences.
- Security & Surveillance.
- The infrastructure needed to drive the newest innovations.
Presentation: Edge Compute in Robotics and Computer Vision
- Why is Edge Computing essential to computer vision operations?
- Computer Vision on Edge Vs. Cloud.
- Edge Robotics – are we ready?
Presentation: Edge Computing – The Next Frontier
- The impact of Edge Computing on how we think not just about data but how we use the data for smarter predictability and decision making,
- A look at Edge Computing using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- How Edge Computing can be used alongside areas of modern technology such as Blockchain, Digital Twin, Augmented and Virtual Reality an as an extension of Internet of Things (IoT).
Lunch & Networking Break
Panel: The Evolution of Edge – Where Do We go Next?
- Future roadmap toward widespread adoption of intelligent Edge.
- The possibilities created by fast and local critical decision making.
- Predictions for the next round of innovations within the space – where will Edge be by 2025?
Presentation: Should I Build My Own Edge Cloud?
- Conflict between building own edge cloud or using a platform to set up a cloud instance locally.
- Micro Clouds and Multi-Clouds.
Presentation: Edge Computing – A Future Focus
- Real-time decision everywhere, all the time – what industries can progress further through Edge adoption?
- The combination of Edge and 5G creating a hyper-connected ecosystem.